Where I can write C Code

MAHMOUD MAQABLEH maqableh_cs at yahoo.com
Wed May 3 08:05:32 CEST 2006

Helllo Everyone

  I want to install GMP Library on windows XP, I did that but I have problem
  I did the Installation like this :

  1) Download the current Mingw http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinG...1.exe?download
and MSYS http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MSYS...0.exe?download

2) I made a folder called GNU and installed MinGW in c:\GNU\MinGW

3) I installed MSYS in c:\GNU\msys

Now you get an icon on the desktop where you can start the MinSys. Do this, because is creates your home folder. Then exit it again.

4) Download gmp and place it in your newly created home folder. (For me is was called C:\GNU\msys\1.0\home\Maqableh )

5) Start the MinSys up again from the desktop and type

gunzip gmp-4.1.4.tar.gz
tar -xvf gmp-4.1.4.tar
cd gmp-4.1.4
./configure
make install

  Please can Anyone tell me where I should write the C Code.
After I did all the step I have only Msys.exe in the start menu
So I intalled the MinGW Developer Studio, then I wrote the simple C Code
like this :

#include <stdint.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include<C:\GNU\1.0\home\Mahmoud Maqableh\gmp-4.1\gmp.h>
#include<conio.h>

int main()
{
mpf_t r;
mpf_init(r);

printf("\n\t The valuse of Xn = %F",r);

mpf_clear (r);
return 0;
}

When I do the Compile there is no any Error, but if I do Run
I have 2 Errors:
H:\Simple.c:16: undefined reference to `__gmpf_init'
H:\Simple.c:21: undefined reference to `__gmpf_clear'

  I do not know what was the problem.
  Can Anyone Help me to eliminate these Errors."correct the Linking Error"
  OR send to me Step-by-step How I can install GMP-4.2 on Windows XP and
  do Run to the previous Code.

  Please I need the Help urgent.

  Note: My PC CPU is : Intel(R) Celeron CPU 2.4GHz
  is it compatible with Intel P4???? I think GMP do not work with any CPU!!!!!!!

My E-mail : Maqableh_cs at yahoo.com
Mahmoud Maqableh, Balila