Compiling GMP in 32bit under Solaris 10

Morten Gulbrandsen Morten.Gulbrandsen at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jun 14 20:03:34 CEST 2006

Jon S wrote:
> Making sure I'm not missing anything myself, that's
> all.  I didn't know whether or not it was a bug, or
> one that has a workaround.  I'll file a bug.
>
> --- Torbjorn Granlund <tege at swox.com> wrote:
>

>>Jon S <thywyn at yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>>  Still getting the same errors
>>
>>What do you expect us to do?
>>None of the GMP developers are any good at guessing.
>>We need proper bug reports, or we cannot track down
>>any
>>problems.
>>
>>--
>>Torbjörn

http://www.sunfreeware.com/programlistsparc10.html

#  gmp-4.1.2-sol10-sparc-local.gz GMP is a library for arbitrary
precision arithmetic, operating on signed integers, rational numbers,
and floating point numbers - installs in /usr/local. These libraries are
compiled in 64-bit mode using gcc.

32 bit should also do with gcc.

You will need to install either libgcc or gcc. You will also need to set
the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 to /usr/local/lib/sparcv9 to
use the gmp libraries. By default, the libgmp libraries are put into
/usr/local/lib. You may want to move them to /usr/local/lib/sparcv9. Due
to a bug in this version of gmp, the software was configured with
--disable-fft. See the Details link to the gmp home page for information
on this bug.

# gmp-4.1.2.tar.gz Source Code. [Details]

best regards

Morten