Win32 DLL Problems

Jim White mathimagics at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 14 14:51:57 CEST 2005

If the person who is getting invalid Win32 DLL problems would send me a copy of the DLL in question, I will have a look at it.

It seems to me that the problem is most likely to be due to DLL base address conflicts.  Most Windows native compilers/linkers generate relocation info that the system loader can use at run time to allow a DLL to be "rebased" - ie, loaded at a different base address, and it would not surprise me at all if externally created tools such as GPL linkers and/or compilers had problems in this area.

The problem might be easily solved by providing /BASE settings to your application DLL when it is linked, but I really need to see an example of the problem to be certain.