GMP 4.1.4 on MinGW

Christoph M. Wintersteiger christoph at winterstiger.at
Fri Sep 9 15:45:50 CEST 2005

Hello List!

First of all, sorry for posting a probably old problem, but the gmp
list archives aren't searchable and I really didn't wanna spend the
time to read all of the last years subject titles.
So here goes: I'm compiling GMP 4.1.4 on MinGW (gcc 3.4.2, win xp)
using the following options:

./configure --enable-alloca=malloc-reentrant --enable-static --disable-shared
  --build=none-unknown-mingw32 --prefix=/c/libs/gmp-4.1.4

Now, the dll builds all fine and the tests run through (after
changing a path in the test makefiles, so that it finds the binaries).

I'm then building another dll, which links to the gmp dll. On top of
that runs my application, which imports the own dll, which again
imports the gmp dll. This all works fine with a VC7 build of gmp
(using Brian Gladmans project,
http://fp.gladman.plus.com/computing/gmp4win.htm). But when I build
it with mingw, there are no errors or warnings while compiling and
linking, but the application just wont start then. It just says "The
application could not be initialized (0x00000005)." (Might be a bit
different in english, it's actually saying it in german, as I'm using
a german win xp).

I've seen a mailing list post that I found via google, which says
that it would work with MinGW 2.0
(http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-discuss/2004-June/001208.html),
and I think he means the MinGW runtime version 2.0. I really do no
want to go back to 2.0 from 3.8, though.

So, does anyone have an idea? Because I'm kinda running out of ideas,
after two days of heating my room with a compiler ;-)

Greetings,
CMW