adding machine

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Nov 8 09:39:26 CET 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "jojo 29" <jojo29118 at hotmail.com>
To: <haberg at math.su.se>
Cc: <gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: adding machine

> thanks Hans Aberg. but unfortunately I work on a Windows system...

In the MSYS shell, cd to the demos/calc directory and run (as per
instructions in the Readme):
make calc.exe

Then, in the cmd.exe shell, cd to the same directory and enter 'calc' (or
'calc.exe') to make the shell interactive. You've now got a shell that will
evaluate  multi-precision mathematical (integer)  expressions - eg enter
'123+456'

Enter 'help' (as prompted) for more details.

(It all worked fine for me on Windows 2000.)

There's also the demos/expr folder, which probably provides something with
similar functionality.

Cheers,
Rob