Fast hash function

Joppe Bos jwbos at science.uva.nl
Thu May 19 17:09:50 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone has ever written a (fast) hash function with
GMP and wants to share it? From the manual I understand there are no such
functions at this time standard within GMP.

A little bit off-topic: I am looking for a hash function which is as fast
as possible (for a hashed bucket sort), so the hash function doesn't have
to be secure. I have been experimenting with different functions and
different implementations, untill now the MD4 algorithm from OpenSSL is
the fastest. Does anyone here know of a good and fast (open source) crypto
library besides OpenSSL and libgcrypt which implements hash functions? Or
even better does someone know of a very fast (but insecure) hash
algorithm?

Thanks for your time, with kind regards,

Joppe Bos