Why is it compiling GMP so hard?

DUDE man dude_m at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:56:04 CET 2005

So what if someone made it and offered to troubleshoot their own stuff. Then
it wouldn't be a burden on you, would it? I would think as a software
developer, especially under GNU, you would be happy for people to write any
code that is free and out there to help others with whatever project they
may be working on. I understand your hatred of microsoft and their business
practises, and I won't argue with you about them. I use both *nix and
windows. I use windows because I can get the engineering software I need
easier for windows than I can for *nix (i count BSD's as *nix for the
record, yes I know they're different blah blah blah).
As far as your installation for cygwin, I used your tutorial about a week
ago to install gmp on it and it worked just fine. I agree, if you can't read
a document, leave it alone or ask questions for help. This guy that started
the question gives me the impression he hasn't worked in *nix environments
which would tend to make setting up this library a bit difficult. But, as
you said, that's why there's tutorials on how to do it. Here's one I found
that was really easy as well.

http://cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp

Anyway, everyone have a good day/night wherever you may be. And as for that
beer, in approximately 4 hours i'll be having one of those "free" ($2.50)
beers.

bye all :)
evan