Warnings with Mingw

CB BigMul at yango.us
Mon Jun 13 04:26:01 CEST 2005

I downloaded gmp 4.1.4 and am building it with Mingw 4.1.0 & MSys.  (I'm
using the 'candidate' versions of gcc & binutils, because the 'current'
version of Mingw's GCC and BinUtils don't work, and abort.)

I'm getting a few warnings about inline assembly

Are they a problem?  I don't see a reference to them on the gmp page, and I
don't see anything immediately obvious in the mailing list archive.

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
 -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=pentiumpro -c get_d_2exp.c
get_d_2exp.c: In function `__gmpz_get_d_2exp':
get_d_2exp.c:60: warning: matching constraint does not allow a register
get_d_2exp.c:60: warning: matching constraint does not allow a register

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -D__GMP_WITHIN_GMP -I.. -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
 -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=pentiumpro -c get_d_2exp.c
get_d_2exp.c: In function `__gmpf_get_d_2exp':
get_d_2exp.c:60: warning: matching constraint does not allow a register
get_d_2exp.c:60: warning: matching constraint does not allow a register

libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in pentium3-pc-mingw32
shared libraries

Plus, of course, bunches of warnings about -mcpu being depricated.

Are these warnings indicative of a problem?

The 'make check' passes, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything because
the first time I tried to build gmp (with mingw 3.1.0), I actually got a
fatal error and stack dump during the build, but the build went ahead and
continued.  Even the 'make check' passed.  (No, I didn't try to reproduce
it.  Since it was an old version of Mingw and MSys, I didn't figure it was
worth the effort.)