Big Arrays

Emanuele Laface ema at scumm.it
Sun Jun 12 13:49:55 CEST 2005

On 12 Jun 2005, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:

> Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho <decio at decpp.net> writes:
>
>   If your situation is 2, then reevaluate your application or
>   whatever  algorithm you're using, because it's completely
>   infeasible. Maybe  half a century from now, if we keep our
>   current pace of growth in the  semiconductor industry (and still
>   I doubt it).
>
> Except that if you ever get more than 2^64 bytes of memory,
> you surely will have fundamental types that can address it
> directly.

My algorithm is an implementation of AKS primality test.
The main problem is that I need to use big numbers in order to check
primality. Morover the algorithm make a lot of polinomy divisions, and the
best way to implement this divisions is to use vectors.
But the dimension of a single vector is correlated to the dimension of
the number that I want to check.

Anyway thank you very much for your help.

Cheers
Emanuele