compiling GMP with icc on IA64

Golliver, Roger A roger.a.golliver at intel.com
Mon Jul 4 15:00:30 CEST 2005

[The gmp-discuss list administrator has removed the attachments since they contained code marked "INTEL CONFIDENTIAL". Such contents cannot morally or legaly be carried on GNU lists.]
Kevin,
Here are the changes I've made which work on the later icc 8.1
compilers.
There is a code gen bug in the first release of the icc 9.0 compiler
that causes problems with mpn/(get|set)_str.c to compile with run time
errors.  So you need to compile those routines at -O0.  I've used the HP
style IA-64 ASM Intrinsics to remap the gcc inline asm macro's; and I've
written some improved ASM routines.  I'm still working on more ASM
routines.
All my changes are keyed on "#if defined (RAG)"
You should be able to save the attachments in the gmp-4.1.4 directory
and run the following commands.  Let me know if you have any problems.
Regards,
Roger

echo make clean version of 4.1.4 with Jan 2005 patches to gmp-impl.h,
with icc 8.0.26
make clean
./configure \
	CC="icc -Qoption,cpp,--extended_float_types" \
	CFLAGS="-g -O2 -mP2OPT_hlo_prefetch=F -std=c99 -ansi_alias
-DRAG" -ip \
	CCAS="gcc -c"\
	--disable-shared \
	--prefix=$HOME/local \
	--exec-prefix=$HOME/local
make clean
make
make install

ias rag_addmul_1.s
ias rag_mul_1.s
ias rag_add_n.s
ias rag_sub_n.s
ias rag_popcount.s

ar dv .libs/libgmp.a \
	addmul_1.o     mul_1.o     add_n.o     sub_n.o     popcount.o
ar rv .libs/libgmp.a \
	rag_addmul_1.o rag_mul_1.o rag_add_n.o rag_sub_n.o
rag_popcount.o

ar dv $HOME/local/lib/libgmp.a \
	addmul_1.o     mul_1.o     add_n.o     sub_n.o     popcount.o
ar rv $HOME/local/lib/libgmp.a \
	rag_addmul_1.o rag_mul_1.o rag_add_n.o rag_sub_n.o
rag_popcount.o

(cd tests;make check)