Storing and retrieving

mrgrynch@comcast.net mrgrynch at comcast.net
Sat Jul 2 05:53:52 CEST 2005

I have a need to preserve a bunch of GMP floating point values (from an array of mpf_class objects) for retrieval at a later time.  The experiement I am running will take about a year, and I'd hate to lose it all if the power goes out, etc...
 I was thinking the easiest way to do this is with strings.  Has anyone done this before?  Reading through the documentation, I'm not entirely sure about the argument list to be passed to the functions which handle this, nor how they would work through the C++ class interface, which I am using.  Would I have to extract a reference to the underlying C structure before converting to and from strings?
I would appreciate any assistance.
 -Dave