problem on mandrake?

keith.briggs at bt.com keith.briggs at bt.com
Fri Jan 28 18:41:17 CET 2005

I have a fairly simple code which uses mpz_class.   It runs perfectly on my redhat system, but I tried it
on three mandrake systems (9.2 and 10.1), and it always crashes on startup with a seg fault.
This happens whether I use the mandrake-supplied g++ and libgmp, or compile my own gmp, either
with the system g++ or the latest gcc-3.4.3.    "make check" while compiling gmp on mandrake passes all tests.
I then converted the code to plain C.   The same problem persists.
Any suggestions?
thanks,
Keith