GMPbench result

Tom Womack tom at womack.net
Sun Feb 27 02:21:29 CET 2005

This is on a 1.42GHz Mac Mini (PPC7450 variant), using the Apple
Computer build 1666 of gcc 3.3.

I couldn't get 'make check' to work, it said

../libtool: ./libtests.la: line 33: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching `"'
../libtool: ./libtests.la: line 34: syntax error: unexpected end of file
../libtool: ./libtests.la: line 33: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching `"'
../libtool: ./libtests.la: line 34: syntax error: unexpected end of file
../libtool: ./libtests.la: line 33: unexpected EOF while looking for
matching `"'
../libtool: ./libtests.la: line 34: syntax error: unexpected end of file

which I thought might be because I'm building in a directory with
spaces and apostrophes in the name, though manually escaping all of
them doesn't fix it.

base.multiply 4158.4
base.divide 3038.7
base 3554.7
app.rsa 197.75

GMPbench result: 838.41

These are a little better than the current figures you have for PowerPC
G4, though still don't bring it up to the terribly low level managed by
the UltraSparc 3.

Tom