Installing GMP on OS X 10.3.x

Amit Bhatia amit.bhatia at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 19:22:17 CEST 2005

Hi,
I have the gcc version 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1640) on os
X 10.3
I also have fink packages installed(all the usual ones).
I am trying to install the PPL package where it shows the following
requirements:
http://www.cs.unipr.it/ppl/Download/requirements

Do I need to install GMP package or is it included and already installed?
on doing "locate gmp", the following came up:

/sw/lib/libgmp.3.3.2.dylib
/sw/lib/libgmp.3.dylib
/sw/lib/libgmpxx.3.0.4.dylib
/sw/lib/libgmpxx.3.dylib
/sw/share/doc/gmp-shlibs

and some more..
so does this mean it is already installed? How can I check what version is
installed?
If it is not then how do I go abt doing it? I read at some other place that
there are some mac specific issues?

thanks,
--A.