GMP on Arm architecture

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Wed Aug 3 12:07:59 CEST 2005

Ganeriwal Saurabh <saurabh at ee.ucla.edu> writes:

  I am trying to cross compile the GMP library for arm architecture. I am
  doing it on a Pentium 4 machine running Fedora 4 distribution. None of the
  steps: configure, make and make all gives me any problem. In fact, I am
  also able to see the final .h and .a files.

  However, when i do "make check" in between make and make install as
  mentioned in the documentation, it gives me "All the checks failed: 5 out
  of 5 failed". Now is this something to worry. Is the problem with the fact
  that I am doing cross compiling and not performing the checks on the
  intended platform (arm out here).

  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You might get some joy from playing with TESTS_ENVIRONMENT, in
order to run the tests automatically on the target platform.
(TESTS_ENVIRONMENT is an automake feature, it is mentioned in its
documentation.)