GMP on Arm architecture

Ganeriwal Saurabh saurabh at ee.ucla.edu
Tue Aug 2 18:20:48 CEST 2005

hi,

I am trying to cross compile the GMP library for arm architecture. I am
doing it on a Pentium 4 machine running Fedora 4 distribution. None of the
steps: configure, make and make all gives me any problem. In fact, I am
also able to see the final .h and .a files.

However, when i do "make check" in between make and make install as
mentioned in the documentation, it gives me "All the checks failed: 5 out
of 5 failed". Now is this something to worry. Is the problem with the fact
that I am doing cross compiling and not performing the checks on the
intended platform (arm out here).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Saurabh