A little warning in GMP.h

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Sat Sep 25 13:19:10 CEST 2004

Brian Gladman <brg at gladman.plus.com> writes:

  Designing GMP to work well with poor compilers at the expense of good ones
  is fine if you really think that this makes sense. But in my view this is a
  design philosophy that is from a bygone age.

You would know more about those datk age than me, but it baffles
me that people ever behaved that irrationally.  :-)

  And, of course, you can always trust someone on this list to turn a serious
  point into a cheap jibe at the Microsoft compiler.

Oh, I misunerstood you.  I thought you were showing a horror
example of the poor optimizer of the Microsoft compiler, when you,
in fact, where making a serious point.