A little warning in GMP.h

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Wed Sep 22 19:01:02 CEST 2004

"Francesco Montorsi" <f18m_cpp217828 at yahoo.it> writes:

  I'm using GMP with various win32 compilers and I've found that most of
  them report a warning like this about gmp.h:

  c:\gmp\gmp.h(1599) : warning C4146: unary minus operator applied to
  unsigned type, result still unsigned

  Since I'm including GMP.h in every file of my project, I would like to
  solve this warning (at least on my local copy of GMP !)... :-)
  Unfortunately I could not completely understand what line 1599 does: this
  is an extract from GMP.h:

Perhaps there is a flag you can pass to the compiler to make it
shut up?  If not, I suggest that you complain to the compiler
vendor, as this warning is bogus.