GMP on Windows & Assembler & VC++

KaLaN d[¬.¬]b kalan at telecable.es
Mon May 17 00:04:09 CEST 2004

Hello,

I´m trying to create a static library on windows with Visual C++ without using cygwin or mingw.
Up to now i have one with the generic mpn code that seems to work, but i want to use the specific x86 assembler.

I have some questions:

1. I think the assembly code is in AT&T format, isn´t it?

2. Can someone explain me what is the macro processor (m4) used for?

2. And finllay :), Is there any way to obtain ".obj" files from the ".asm" files? I don´t know exactly how to do it. I´ve tried some compilers like MASM or NASM without any result.

Thanks.

PD: Sorry for my english :)