building gmp with MSYS and MinGW for VC++

Sisyphus kalinabears at iinet.net.au
Sun May 9 14:14:39 CEST 2004

Radu Ursu wrote:

> I only link with gmp.lib. I let Microsoft Compiler to choose the default
> wich is /ML(libc.lib). Microsoft tells people not to mix libc.lib with
> msvcrt.lib because those could generate conflicts.

Yes, there must be a better way. I don't know why I'm having to link to
libc.lib and msvcrt.lib. I have a perl extension that wraps just about
every mpfr function that's documented in 'mpfr.info'. If I build that
extension with VC 7 it's *not* necessary to specify those additional
links to libc.lib and msvcrt.lib. Damned if I know what accounts for the
difference :-)

I'll be interested to hear how you go about it if/when you start using
the mpfr functions.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail
server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an