building gmp with MSYS and MinGW for VC++

Sisyphus kalinabears at iinet.net.au
Thu May 6 04:53:21 CEST 2004

Kevin Ryde wrote:
> Sisyphus <kalinabears at iinet.net.au> writes:
>
>>I also found that when I run my 4.1.2-built mpfr applications using
>>the 4.1.3 dll, I get a fatal pop-up with the following message:
>>"The procedure entry point __gmp_tmp_reentrant_alloc could not be
>>located in the dynamic link library libgmp-3.dll"
>

> mpfr is dependent on gmp internals.  Sounds like your previous build
> was with --enable-alloca=malloc.

I know I didn't specify that option when I built 4.1.2 - and wouldn't
that affect *all* of GMP ? I find it's affecting only 'mpfr' apps ....
actually that's not quite true - I did receive one strange runtime error
with one 'mpz' app that I've not yet looked at properly. Anyway, I'll
give that option a try with 4.1.3 tomorrow and let you know what I find.

I've been looking at the manual in regard to the various 'alloca' build
options, and I find it a little confusing. The one you've given above is
not there, afaict. Is 'enable-alloca=malloc' synonymous with
'enable-alloca=malloc-notreentrant' ?

I don't exactly know what 'reentrancy' is. I guess it has something to
do with threads, in which case I probably don't need it.

There's no simple way of querying the build options that were used, is
there ? (I think I recall past discussions that stated there weren't.)

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail
server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an