building gmp with MSYS and MinGW for VC++

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Wed May 5 03:07:04 CEST 2004

Radu Ursu <rursu at geometryfactory.com> writes:

> I have used --build=none
> or --host=none. So far so good but at the end I don't get any dll and
> I have used the --disable-static --enable-shared in configure.

You need the OS part of the config tuple.  If ./config.guess says for
instance athlon-pc-mingw32msvc then use none-pc-mingw32msvc.  There's
a note about this in the manual.

"i386-whatever-whatever" is a good choice for code to run on a variety
of x86s.

> 3) Is it possible to build the dll with --enable-cxx?

Not currently, but we will update configure and libtool in the next
release, which should allow it.