Identifying if --disable-fft has been used

Jim Fougeron. jfoug at
Fri Mar 5 06:36:14 CET 2004

>Kevin Ryde <user42 at> wrote:
>Kate Minola <kminola at> writes:
>> nm and looking for fft to determine if
>> --disable-fft has been used to build gmp.
>I've got a horrible idea the fft code is compiled and included in the
>library always, the option only affects whether it gets called or not.

Again, this shows a prime reason why a method of obtaining the
configure settings at run-time would be a very beneficial thing,
and should be rather easy to implement, with just a global exported
function, and a "data" file built by configure that contains the
strings listing what the configure environment was.