Compression that can be used with mpz_*_raw

David McKen dmlmcken at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 16:32:58 CEST 2004

Well I guess I better re-check and then send in a bug report.

If anyone else wants to check this out, I just generated some random
numbers and printed each to 2 different files. One was a text file in
which the number was printed in decimal and then in hex. The second file
was binary and mpz_out_raw was used to print the numbers to this file. I
just opened the file in a hex editor and compared.

The problem may no longer exist, I was using 4.1.2 when I performed this
test. The documentation says the file is written in a portable manner so
I wanted to find out which endian it was written in.