Compiling GMP with Free Pascal

Pedro Gimeno Fortea pggimeno at wanadoo.es
Wed Jul 21 20:01:56 CEST 2004

Hi,

On 07/21/04 03:04:02, Ben Aguayo wrote:

> I'm trying to import the GMP.PAS unit, having installed and set the
> paths to the library, but the compiler shows this error message:

Where did you get GMP.PAS from? AFAIK all that is available is a unit
written for gpc, which is not compatible with fpc.

> module/unit interface `gmp' could not be imported

If I can take a look at the source perhaps I can help. If you can
provide a pointer (URL) to the GMP.PAS unit I can download and examine
it and help with troubleshooting.

> I'm new both to GMP and Free Pascal (I'm used to work with Delphi)
> and
> I woul really appreciate if some of you can give me some tip about
> how
> to set GMP to work with
> FreePascal.

FreePascal comes with an automated h2pas program for converting *.h
files into *.pp or *.pas files. Maybe it's handy in this case. I wonder
how well it will cope with gmp.h subtleties.

--
Pedro Gimeno