GMP install on Sun architecture - problems

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Wed Jul 7 22:17:51 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-07 at 14:52, Nathan Moore wrote:
> Have had a lot of trouble getting the GMP package to work with Solaris.
>   Working on a Sunblade 2000 workstation, w/ UltraSparc3, and Solaris 8.
>   The library is installed per the auto config script.  With makefile,
> - - - - -
> Anyone on the list know what "ELFCLASS64" refers to?  I can't find a
> reference.

It should mean that you are trying to compile 64-bit with non-64-bit
options.

If you care to try packages from blastwave.org, I have a libgmp package
with libraries for the common architectures.  However, I did not build
with the Sun performance libraries.  There are several 32-bit libraries
and the 64-bit library..

Here are some of the things that I do to build 64-bit.  Export the
following:
CFLAGS='-fast -xtarget=ultra -xarch=v9'
 ABI=64

Alex