Performance

David McKen cic_3_b at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 10:57:31 CET 2004

Pass by refrence would be my first suggestion especially if the
numbers are passed to alot of functions. That will cut down
tremendously on the number of temporary objects created.

Other than that maybe try using the mpz_realloc2 and related
functions to allocate the nessesary memory once to save future memory
reallocation.

The only other thing I can think of is the fact that some of the
functions can store their results in the same variable that was
passed in (mpz_abs is an example of such a funcion). Taking advantage
of these functions can probably speed things up a bit.

A decent bit of the info I have posted came from the efficiency
section in the gmp documentation (GMP basics -> Efficiency) maybe you
can find other ways to speed things up there.