linking problem with gmp

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Tue Feb 10 01:12:24 CET 2004

Anand Dhanakshirur <asd at cdotb.ernet.in> writes:

> ./configure --build=pentium3-pc-linux-gnu --host=none-linux-gnu
> (I am using m68k processor and a proprietery RTOS like XRTS.

Do you mean you're cross compiling from a p3 gnu system to this m68k?

>   Since i was not knowing the right option for host, i was using
> none-linux-gnu
> so that i could get generic one.)

You probably want the correct OS part there, if it's not linux-gnu.
Or "unknown-unknown" if your RTOS is not known to configure.

> I was using mpf_add and mpf_mul functions in my code..
> and i was linking my code with libgmp.a ..
> But i got linker errors like undefined reference to mpf_add routine
> like that..
> How to solve this?

You'll have to post a sample program and the error messages if you
want help.  See Reporting Bugs in the manual.

--
PS. Bug reports to bug-gmp, not gmp-discuss.