GMP for ARM Architecture

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Tue Apr 6 23:48:42 CEST 2004

Manisha Jha <manisha.jha at iiitb.ac.in> writes:

> "checking if libtool supports shared libraries ... no" and
> " checking whether to build shared libraries...no".

You can look at the preceding tests and config.log to see if there's a
reason it decided against that.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to work
in that version.

> I have tried installing a newer version of libtool,

Well, you also have to re-libtoolize the package, and you might need a
newer autoconf and automake to do that.  This will be hard work, you
may like to stay with the static library for now.