GMP for ARM Architecture

Manisha Jha manisha.jha at iiitb.ac.in
Tue Apr 6 14:04:30 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am a student trying to compile Dynamics for Xscale ARM architecture. I am
doing this on Montavista Hardhat Linux 3.0 which has gcc 3.0 or above version.

I need to compile gmp for the same. I am using gmp's latest version 4.1.2. I
have successfully compiled gmp for the architecture, but I couldnt create the
shared libraries after compilation.
The "./configure --build=arm-linux --host=arm" command says that
"checking if libtool supports shared libraries ... no" and
" checking whether to build shared libraries...no".

I have tried installing a newer version of libtool, but still I couldnt make
the shared libraries.

Can someone please show me where I am going wrong?

Thanks in advance. Anticipating an early reply :-)
Regards
Manisha