How to install gmp under winxp

Sisyphus kalinabears at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 17 20:43:34 CEST 2003

Thiago Guzella wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I need to know what do I have to do in order to
> install gmp under windows xp with visual c++ (6.0 or
> .net 7.0)... which files besides gmp_3.xx.zip do i
> need??

Do you mean gmp_4.1.2.tar.gz ?

For the basics see the sections "Microsoft Windows" and "Microsoft C" at:
http://swox.com/gmp/manual/Notes-for-Particular-Systems.html#Notes%20for%20Particular%20Systems

One way to achieve it is to:
1) download the Mingw compiler and the Msys shell, then run (in the msys
shell) the commands detailed in the "Microsoft Windows" section
mentioned above.

2) The "Microsoft C" section then tells you how to create the files
you'll need to work with MSVC++ 6.

If you want to avoid step 1, Delta Trinity has pre-compiled DLL's which
you can feed into step 2. These are available from:
ftp://deltatrinity.dynip.com/gmp-4.1.2_DLL_SharedLibs/
Just select the one that matches your processor.

For '.net 7.0', I believe Brian Gladman has a webpage somewhere that
provides details on how to go about the task. Sorry - I don't have the
link any more. Maybe Google, or the gmp-discuss mailing list archive, or
  maybe someone else will tell you :-)

Hope that helps at least in getting you started.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail
server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an