Division by 2

DTAshley@aol.com DTAshley@aol.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 21:37:09 EDT

--part1_140.1126abf8.2bedb1c5_boundary

Hi Linus,

Thank you for your reply to this issue.

The issue has been fully resolved.  The issue ended up to be that my homemade
.PDF file was not properly searchable by Adobe Acrobat Reader.  Kevin Ryde
sent me a .PDF file that is properly searchable.  I had used an ineffective
method of generating the .PDF file.

I had expressed the concern "documentation bug" because of the following
chain of events:

a)Kevin or Torbjorn mentioned an "efficiency" section of the manual.

b)A search of my .PDF did not find "efficiency".  I assumed that "efficiency"
was not in the document and therefore that the .PS that I used to generate
the .PDF was inconsistent with the HTML.  That is why I mentioned
"documentation bug".  In fact, the "efficiency" section was actually there,
it just didn't show up on a search.

So, there is no documentation bug.  I was wrong.

It was a search difficulty because I generated a .PDF in a way that nobody
else does (using Acrobat Distiller from the .PS on the GMP web page).

I hope this clarifies things.

Best regards,
Dave Ashley.

In a message dated 5/9/2003 2:30:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, linus@swox.com
writes:

> If you want to report a bug, please send a bug report to
> bug-gmp@gnu.org (as stated in the "Reporting Bugs" section of the
> manual).  But don't have too high hopes in finding people willing to
> work on bugs in a .PDF document built by your own hand from a .PS file
> that you don't know where it stem from.
>
> --
> Linus Nordberg
> Swox AB  <http://swox.com/>

--part1_140.1126abf8.2bedb1c5_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi Linus,<BR>
<BR>
Thank you for your reply to this issue.<BR>
<BR>
The issue has been fully resolved.&nbsp; The issue ended up to be that my ho=
memade .PDF file was not properly searchable by Adobe Acrobat Reader.&nbsp;=20=
Kevin Ryde sent me a .PDF file that is properly searchable.&nbsp; I had used=
 an ineffective method of generating the .PDF file.<BR>
<BR>
I had expressed the concern "documentation bug" because of the following cha=
in of events:<BR>
<BR>
a)Kevin or Torbjorn mentioned an "efficiency" section of the manual.<BR>
<BR>
b)A search of my .PDF did not find "efficiency".&nbsp; I assumed that "effic=
iency" was not in the document and therefore that the .PS that I used to gen=
erate the .PDF was inconsistent with the HTML.&nbsp; That is why I mentioned=
 "documentation bug".&nbsp; In fact, the "efficiency" section was actually t=
here, it just didn't show up on a search.<BR>
<BR>
So, there is no documentation bug.&nbsp; I was wrong.<BR>
<BR>
It was a search difficulty because I generated a .PDF in a way that nobody e=
lse does (using Acrobat Distiller from the .PS on the GMP web page).<BR>
<BR>
I hope this clarifies things.<BR>
<BR>
Best regards,<BR>
Dave Ashley.<BR>
<BR>
In a message dated 5/9/2003 2:30:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, linus@swox.com=
 writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">If you want to report a bug, pl=
ease send a bug report to<BR>
bug-gmp@gnu.org (as stated in the "Reporting Bugs" section of the<BR>
manual).&nbsp; But don't have too high hopes in finding people willing to<BR=

work on bugs in a .PDF document built by your own hand from a .PS file<BR>
that you don't know where it stem from.<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Linus Nordberg<BR>
Swox AB&nbsp; &lt;http://swox.com/&gt;</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_140.1126abf8.2bedb1c5_boundary--