mpfr

Minh Nguyen md6nguyen@yahoo.com
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:26:48 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1912859164-1056551208=:1455

What keeps mpfr from replacing mpf ? Taking a quick look at the mpfr, I find that it provides several things that mpf doesn't have. For example
    - exception handling for overflow, underflow
    - rounding mode
    - extra routines like sin, cos, log, etc

Minh

Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au> wrote:Minh Nguyen writes:

> Hi all, I use the option '--enable-mpfr' to build the mpfr package. What I got is a static library libmpfr.a
> How can I build a shared library for mpfr package?

A shared library is not built because mpfr is still preliminary and we
don't yet promise to be binary compatible in future releases.

--0-1912859164-1056551208=:1455

<DIV>
<DIV>What keeps mpfr from replacing mpf ? Taking a quick look at the mpfr, I find that it provides several things that mpf doesn't have.&nbsp;For example</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - exception handling for overflow, underflow<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - rounding mode</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; - extra routines like sin, cos, log, etc</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Minh</DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Kevin Ryde &lt;user42@zip.com.au&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">Minh Nguyen <MD6NGUYEN@YAHOO.COM>writes:<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Hi all, I use the option '--enable-mpfr' to build the mpfr package. What I got is a static library libmpfr.a<BR>&gt; How can I build a shared library for mpfr package?<BR><BR>A shared library is not built because mpfr is still preliminary and we<BR>don't yet promise to be binary compatible in future releases.</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1912859164-1056551208=:1455--