(no subject)

Kevin Ryde user42@zip.com.au
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:44:09 +1000

"guan" <guan@cse.nsysu.edu.tw> writes:

> make+AFs-3+AF0-: Entering directory +AGA-/usr/share/src/gmp/gmp-4.1.2/tests'
> ld.so.1: lt-t-bswap: fatal: libgcc+AF8-s.so.1: open failed: No such file or
> directory

This is part of gcc, it seems the executable created doesn't find the
file.  This probaly happens to any executable (or those in 64-bit mode
at least).

If you installed gcc under /usr/local you might need to do something
to ldconfig (does solaris use that?) or use LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64.  I'm never sure of the right way to setup such
things.  The ld.so man page or the gcc release notes might be a start.