still problem!!!!!!!!!!

Niels Möller nisse@lysator.liu.se
03 Jul 2003 09:11:49 +0200

"arunachalam  narayanaswamy" <arun_zero@rediffmail.com> writes:

> configure:3219: gcc -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer conftest.c >&5 gcc:
> Internal error: Segmentation fault (program cc1) Please submit a
> full bug report. See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/> for
> instructions.

Looks like you have found a gcc bug. Or it could also be some local
problem in your environment. Or even a hardware problem. It's a little
fishy that it is the first compilation configure tries that fails..

Usually, configure dumps the testprogram conftest.c it
couldn't compile to config.log, so that you can try to run gcc on it
by yourself; I have no idea why that didn't happen here.

Have you tested if you can compile a hello world program, using the
same flags, -g -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer?

If it turns out to be a true gcc bug, please follow the instructions
at the mentioned URL for reporting it.

If you're using an old version of gcc, you could also try upgrading
and see if that helps.

/Niels