How to compile gmp for arm?

yan xinbo yanxinbo@yahoo.com.cn
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:14:02 +0800 (CST)

Oh,yes, I want to build a program which run on arm,
and it need gmp library, so I think I should

cross compile the gmp library.Is that right? I'm a
newbie.
And then I ran the configure command .

[root@yxb gmp-4.0]#  ./configure
--host=arm4vb-unknown-linux --build=pentium3

CC=armv4b-unknown-linux-gcc CFLAGS=-mbig-endian
AS=armv4b-unknown-linux-as

LD=armv4b-unknown-linux-ld AR=armv4b-unknown-linux-ar
checking build system type... pentium3-pc-none
checking host system type... arm4vb-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific
portions of Makefiles... no
checking whether armv4b-unknown-linux-gcc is gcc...
yes
checking compiler armv4b-unknown-linux-gcc
-mbig-endian ... yes
checking whether gcc unsigned division works... no,
gcc <= 2.95.3
configure: error: could not find a working compiler

[root@yanxb gmp-4.0.yxb]# armv4b-unknown-linux-gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/local/armbe/lib/gcc-lib/armv4b-unknown-linux/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

>From the gmp.info-1, I know that gcc demand 2.95.4 or
later,that mean, I should upgrade the
armv4b-unknown-linux-gcc?