ANNOUNCE: DJGPP packages of GMP 4.1.2

Richard Dawe rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 10:28:58 +0000

Hello.

I have made DJGPP packages of GMP 4.1.2. But what is GMP? Here is a
description from its README:

"GNU MP is a library for arbitrary precision arithmetic, operating on signed
integers, rational numbers, and floating point numbers.  It has a rich set of
functions, and the functions have a regular interface."

Binary (gmp412b.zip), documentation (gmp412d.zip) and source (gmp412s.zip)
packages are available from Simtel.NET and its mirrors:

http://www.simtel.net/gnudlpage.php?product=/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/gmp412b.zip&name=gmp412b.zip
http://www.simtel.net/gnudlpage.php?product=/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/gmp412d.zip&name=gmp412d.zip
http://www.simtel.net/gnudlpage.php?product=/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/gmp412s.zip&name=gmp412s.zip

If you just wish to program with GMP, please download the binary package.
The binary package was built for i386 and above processors.

If you wish to build GMP from scratch, please download the source package.
No source changes were needed to build with DJGPP. You may wish to build
from scratch, to get more performance from GMP, because the library can
use optimisations for your particular processor, e.g. if you have an AMD
Athlon processor.

If you wish to view the documentation in other formats (DVI, PostScript,
HTML, text), please download the binary package.

This release fixes some bugs in GMP 4.1.1.

Finally if you have any problems, comments or suggestions for the DJGPP
port, please send me mail. Please note that I do not use GMP. The packages
are provided for your convenience. But I will do my best to help.

Thanks, bye,

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]