My gripe with GMP headers.

Kevin Ryde user42@zip.com.au
Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:03:35 +1000

gmp@kozminski.com writes:

> The gmpxx.h header has nearly 300 location where old-style casts are
> used.

For instance?

> I usually run my compilations with all significant warnings turned
> on,

Meaning what options exactly?

> and
> since old-style casts can cause problems, this is one of the warnings I want
> to keep.  It would be really nice not to have to filter out warnings from
> GMP...

If we can use a style that's clean to various warning levels etc, then
we should do so, as long as it doesn't make too much of a mess.

It might be that your problem is arising from C macros like
mpq_numref.  Maybe we can use a C++ friendly definition of those in
gmp.h (for C++), or alternately use _mp_num etc directly in gmpxx.h.