Raising Powers (Example Code)

DTAshley at aol.com DTAshley at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 10:58:54 CET 2003

Hi Jim,

Just a few comments:

a)I would guess that nearly everyone who uses GMP is comfortable with the notion of exponentiating an integer.  If the GMP manual is lacking (and I have not checked it), this would be because any documentation needs to make some assumptions about the reader.  Most users of the GMP are ... what is the best way to phrase this ... very mathematically mature.

b)What would you like to see in the manual that is not there now?  Can you be more specific about what was not there?

Best regards and Merry Christmas, Dave.