Sobig

delta trinity deltatrinity@hotmail.com
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:58:40 -0400

I keep getting those too.  It's not necessarely *your* fault.  I think that
anyone who have the virus and that for them, it happen that they send it
somewhere (the worm actually send itself), sometime, the reply address that
the virus put in the mail header is the one of the GMP mailing list.  Then,
some ISP or MSP detect the virus and send it back to the mail 'sender' field
(in that specific case, gmp-discuss).  Then, GMP forward the warning as if
it was regular mail.

Look at the 'to' field of those message and you'll see that it's sent to
'gmp-discuss@swox.com'.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

Eric

Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com.