Building on Win2K

Kevin Ryde user42@zip.com.au
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:24:02 +1000

I wrote:

> I wonder if it's possible to build a version of gas that spits out
> .obj (intel OMF) and which would work with msvc.

Which just goes to show how little I know about msvc.  Supposedly it's
coff not omf already, but maybe with gratuitous differences from what
everyone else calls coff.

I guess another way to convert would be assemble with gas then get the
disassembly and make a masm file with ".byte" directives, or .long's
maybe for the few external symbol references.  Sounds a bit silly, but
it'd ensure the instruction encodings were what's needed. :)