Installation problem on Cygwin (ABI=32)

Minh Nguyen md6nguyen@yahoo.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 08:37:09 -0800 (PST)

--0-1012541831-1036168629=:52677

I've had a lot of problems to install GMP on Cygwin. After that I tried to use Mingw and things goes on much more smoothly. More than that, Cygwin requires cygwin runtime library when you want to link your program with GMP but Mingw only requires the standard Windows libraries. So I would recommend using Mingw unless you have other reasons.

Minh

 jblazi <jblazi@gmx.de> wrote:I am trying to install Core, that is a library for exact geometrical
compuations. Core needs gmp I should like to work work on *Cygwin*.
When I try to install gmp (I have to input make configure first) I get the
error message that ABI=32 is not on the ABI list which seemingly only
contains 'standard'.
I do not know whether this is a gmp or a Core problem but I suspect that I am
having this problem with gmp.
Could anybody give me a hint?

TIA,
--