variable argument lenth mpz init

enders game endersgame99@yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:31:16 -0800 (PST)

--- Kevin Ryde <user42@zip.com.au> wrote:
> enders game <endersgame99@yahoo.com> writes:
> >
> > 	mpz_init_va(3, &a, &b, &c);
>
> You probably don't need the "&" there.
>
> An alternative to passing a count like 3 might be to
> look for a NULL
> to mark the end of the list.  Could be easier when
> adding or removing
> things.

Yes, looking for a NULL pointer is a good idea.  I'm
pretty sure I have to pass addresses though.  I tried
passing the actual mpz_t variables, and printing the
memory addresses, but I got copied mpz_ts and not
pointers.

A better idea than looking for a null is to use a
format string like printf has with conversion
characters for the various GMP types, but I dont need
that for my purposes.

~Andrew