Torbjorn Granlund
18 Dec 2002 20:25:05 +0100

bom brill <> writes:

  I have a real problem understanding the role of the
  gmp_randseed(), and its implementation.
  In order to understand how does that function works, I
  want to create a program that generates some random
  But it doesn t work as I expected. In fact, the
  numbers are always the same !

You seed with the very same value each time, and
therefore get the same sequence of pseudo-random numbers.

Please read the GMP manual about seeding.
It is not going to be easier for you if we repeat the text here.

The GMP manual doesn't give explicit examples of seeding code,
it only gives some examples of seeding sources.