mpn_mulhigh_basecase for Broadwell

marco.bodrato at tutanota.com marco.bodrato at tutanota.com
Sun Feb 11 19:35:12 CET 2024

Thank you Albin,

currently we don't have any mulhi function, so we didn't decide a possible interface for it.
There are some comments in the code where a full mul is used, but some "mulhi" function could be enough. Many of them seem to use unbalanced operands, and might require the exact result or more limbs than the higher half...

By the way, I like the idea of computing one more limb, that way one may know whether the limbs obtained by mulhi are exact or not.

Ĝis,
mb

6 feb 2024, 23:27 da albin.ahlback at gmail.com: