Status of latest release for macos and arm64?

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed May 10 15:45:32 CEST 2023

Hi, do I get it right that latest stable release (6.2.1) is not quite
working on Macos arm64? With the "register x18" known issue listed at
https://gmplib.org/#STATUS, fixed in
https://gmplib.org/repo/gmp-6.2/rev/f4ff6ff711ed (and similar fix in the
main repo).

Would it make sense to release a 6.2.2 just to get this fix out?

(I'm about to make a nettle release, and get reports on crashes on
aarch64-apple-darwin22.4.0. I haven't yet been able to reproduce or
debug (except that the Nettle tests appear to work fine in a mini-gmp
build on gcc104.fsffrance.org), but I'm thinking that the x18 issue is
one possible explanation).

Niels Möller. PGP key CB4962D070D77D7FCB8BA36271D8F1FF368C6677.