Requests from Microsoft IP Addresses

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jun 18 08:55:48 CEST 2023

Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:

> One thing that should be doable is set up a mirror of GMP's repository
> on github, and advertise that one for CI purposes.

It would be reasonable for any project that wants to pull GMP sources
from 100 machines very often to set up their own mirror, do
*incremental* updates of the mirror rather than a full clone, and do
that at most a few times a day.

But I don't think it's the GMP project's responsibility to provide such
a mirror.

Do we have more capacity to serve the nightly tarballs to lots of
clients (at least, they shouldn't require any CPU compression work per
request)?

Niels Möller. PGP key CB4962D070D77D7FCB8BA36271D8F1FF368C6677.