[gmp-devel] new paper on fast generation of RSA keys

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Fri Jul 1 15:13:01 CEST 2022

I recorded yesterday a new paper that should be of interest to members
of the gmp development community who work on cryptography:

	Fast Generation of RSA Keys Using Smooth Integers
	IEEE Transactions on Computers 71(7) 1575--1585 July 2022
	https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.2021.3095669

The paper has a good survey of previous work in this area, with 36
references.  Although there is a fair amount of number theory in the
paper, the authors emphasize on page 1580, column 2:

>> Our understanding is that for a practical application of our
>> algorithm, the users of this technique do not have to become experts
>> on analytic number theory. The main point of the article is to provide
>> the algorithm in as understandable as possible format and, for more
>> mathematically oriented readers, we provide more than enough
>> references to get deeper into this fascinating issue.

- University of Utah                                                          -