Polynomials over Z_2?

Emmanuel Thomé emmanuel.thome at inria.fr
Fri Sep 10 06:35:02 UTC 2021

Hi Niels,

gf2x does a bit of that; only multiplication, really, but some neat tricks
for large multiplies (with a bit of code from Marco). Paul has code for
more operations, that he used for primitive trinomial search. Gf2x was
originally written in 2008, but maintenance has been done by me since.

Some code was developed after gf2x, and has incorporated new ideas (albeit
not by building on top of it).

The folks in Taiwan developed code that implements some more recent FFT
refinements, and they have data that shows good performance.

Harvey, Lecerf and Van der Hoeven also have nice performing code.

This being said, I'm not convinced that embedding gf2x into gmp would be a
good idea.

E.