6.2.0 build failure on x86_64 Skylake PC - FIX

Marco Bodrato bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it
Sun Oct 25 16:07:05 UTC 2020

Ciao,

Il 2020-10-15 07:14 Marco Bodrato ha scritto:
> we are not changing much the gmp-6.2 branch, and we should release.
>
> Is there something important we are missing as a bug fix?

I searched the gmp-devel mailing list and we missed to take any action
after the following, about msys. It seems that we currently are not
handling *-*-msys... is someone of the developers able to test if the
proposed change is useful? Or something more is needed as Marc Glisse
suggests?

Il 2020-06-08 21:52 Marc Glisse ha scritto:
> On Sat, 30 May 2020, tsurzin wrote:
>
>> This change worked to build test and run a version of GMP-6.2.0 for my
>> PC.
>
> [handle *-*-msys exactly the same as *-*-mingw* in configure.ac]
>
>> The PC is running Msys2 under Windows 10 and without change GMP failed
>> to build.
>
> configfsf.guess does mention a triple *-pc-msys, so I guess it makes
> sense to handle it (or replace it with something we already handle). I
> don't really know in what ways it differs from mingw, probably not
> that much as far as GMP is concerned.
>
> I notice in a generated file:
>
> aclocal.m4:      *-*-mingw* ) # actually msys
>
> Should automake also be taught about the msys triple?

(the thread is available at
https://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/2020-May/thread.html )

Ĝis,